Rats are all over the world, found on every continent except Antarctica. One thing is certain, they love making their homes inside people’s houses. The ample space to live and breed, in addition to the abundance of food and things to chew on, makes your home a rat paradise. If a rat population is left unchecked in a home, the situation can quickly spiral out of control into a full-blown infestation.
How does this happen so quickly? Well, one of the things that rats do best is breed. They make up for their short lifespan (most don’t make it more than 1 year) by ensuring the survival of the species through reproduction. After a short gestation period of about 25 days, a female can give birth to as many as 22 young at once. This means one female can have several litters every year. Furthermore, every baby she has can reproduce after just 3 months, which can increase the population exponentially. All of these shocking facts lead to one conclusion: rat populations must be controlled as soon as possible in your home before it gets out of hand.
So you have stumbled onto an infestation – now what? You could try to deal with the problem on your own, but it’s really a job for a trained professional. Critter Control® of Sarasota is here to help! Here is what we can do for you:
- Gather information – To help us form a plan, we will perform a comprehensive inspection of your house to determine the extent of the problem. This will show us where the infestation is and how the rats are getting in and out of your home.
- Remove the rats – Whether they are in the attic or inside the walls, we will get them out of your house as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Fix damages – Infestations are no joke. Rats need to chew on items to whittle-down their ever-growing teeth, and that many rats gnawing on your house can cause significant damage. They might also rip up insulation for their nests or completely ruin it with their waste. We will repair the damage caused by your infestation.
- Fortification – It would be pointless do the previous 4 steps without making sure rats couldn’t get back in your home. With the knowledge gained from our initial inspection, we will seal all the ways rats could enter your house again to give you peace of mind.
- Education – Finally, we will teach you everything you need to know about eliminating rat attractants to keep them from coming back.
Clearly, this is a difficult job, especially for someone without the requisite experience and equipment. You can rest assured with the experts at Critter Control® of Sarasota, who have decades of animal control experience, that our methods are the safest, most efficient, and most humane in the business. Call us today at 941-355-9511 for your free consultation!