Protecting People, Property and Wildlife®

Since 1983

Bat Control

Get Free Estimate Today

Bat Control

Hearing scuffling noises and squeaks in your attic and walls could mean you have a bat problem. While they are vital to pest control and pollination in the wild, they have no Sarasota Bat Controlplace in your home. Bats can cause damage in your home and fungal infections can arise from the presence of their droppings, or guano, in the soil. In addition, bats are a protected species and require specific control techniques, which is why it’s important to use a professional when in need of bat control.

Characteristics of Bats

You may have heard the phrase ‘blind as a bat.’ However, this isn’t true at all. Not only can bats see, but they can also use echolocation to help them navigate in the dark. Using both together makes bats particularly agile creatures when searching for food at night. Around 70% of the roughly 1,300 species of bat eat insects, which is one of the many reasons bat are so critical to the environment. The other 30% eat fruit and only three species (all native to Latin America) actually consume blood.

Signs of a Problem

Sometimes it can be difficult to assess your problem. If you suspect bats in your house, check for these signs:

-Bat guano in or around your house: This will typically be found near a possible entry point, as bats tend to defecate and empty their bladder before entering or exiting a room.

-Seeing bats in or around your house: Watch for bats in the late evening and early morning.

-Brown or black oily stains around holes: Bats have a greasy layer on their coats, and it rubs off when they enter or exit your house.

-Ammonia smells: Bat guano releases a toxic odor that smells like ammonia.

The Critter Control® Difference

At Critter Control® of Sarasota, we take the guesswork out of it. We are happy to come by and assess your problem quickly. If it turns out you have bats, we will work with you to come up with a solution that works. We practice CritterSafe, humane and efficient, bat control that will keep you and your family safe while protecting the invading wildlife. Give us a call today to get your free estimate at 941-355-9511.