These masked critters are often seen as cute and cuddly, but raccoons can be quite vicious and dangerous when they get around humans. And if they happen to take up residence in or around your home, they can cause a lot of damages that you won’t want to deal with. The best way to get rid of a raccoon infestation is early detection. Make sure you know all the signs of when raccoons have taken over your property.
Signs of a Raccoon Infestation
If the following signs are turning up around your house, you probably have a raccoon infestation.
- Holes dug around your property
- Uprooted or eaten plants in your garden
- Droppings or a strong urine smell in or around your home
- Trash strewn all over your property
- Changes in the demeanor of your pets
- Damage to the structure of your house, especially your garage, as the scavenge for food
The Professionals Can Help
Trying to rid your property of raccoons on your own may seem like a good idea at first. Although initially it may seem cheaper, in the end it will be much more of a nuisance than you imagined. Capturing and relocating raccoons should only be attempted by a trained professional like the ones at Critter Control® Sarasota. We want to help prevent putting you and your family’s health at risk, which is why our experts know the quickest and most efficient ways to remove raccoons from your property. For a free consultation, call us today at 941-355-9511.